AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

SAINT BARTHOLOMEW, ISLINGTON: SHEPPERTON ROAD, ISLINGTON

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 P83/BAT
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: SAINT BARTHOLOMEW, ISLINGTON: SHEPPERTON ROAD, ISLINGTON
Date(s): 1864-1941
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.51 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Bartholomew, Islington | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

The parish of Saint Bartholomew was established in 1865, taken from part of the parish of Saint Stephen, Canonbury Road. The church had been constructed in 1862, designed by E. Clare. The parish merged with Saint Stephen's in 1953, although Saint Stephen's services had been held at Saint Bartholomew's since 1940. The church was demolished in 1970.

From: 'Islington: Churches', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 8: Islington and Stoke Newington parishes (1985), pp. 88-99.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Saint Bartholomew, Shepperton Road, Islington, including registers of baptisms and marriages; registers of preachers and services; Church Council minute book; map of the parish and diary of an incumbent.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Records deposited by the vicar, May 1962; with a further accession in 1998.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
April to June 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING