AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

SAINT ANDREW, LAMBETH: COIN STREET, LAMBETH

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 P85/AND2
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: SAINT ANDREW, LAMBETH: COIN STREET, LAMBETH
Date(s): 1852-1960
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.67 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Andrew, Coin Street, Lambeth | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

The parish of Saint Andrew, Lambeth, was formed in 1846. The original church building in Coin Street was destroyed by enemy action during the Second World War. In 1958 a replacement church was built in Short Street. The benefice was united with that of Saint Thomas, Westminster Bridge Road, Lambeth, in November 1956. Saint Andrew's parish was then united with the parish of Saint John the Evangelist, Waterloo Road, to become the parish of Waterloo, Saint John with Saint Andrew, on 1 May 1983.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Saint Andrew, Coin Street, Lambeth, including registers of baptisms and marriages; papers relating to the construction and maintenance of the church; financial records; Parochial Church Council minutes; and records of Saint Andrew's Church of England School.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Parish records P85/AND/01-44 deposited by the vicar 17 May 1966. Additional parish record P85/AND2/45 deposited by the Vicar of the Parish of Waterloo, 30 June 1986.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
April to June 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING