AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

HOLY TRINITY THE LESS: CITY OF LONDON

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 P69/TRI3
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: HOLY TRINITY THE LESS: CITY OF LONDON
Date(s): 1547-1908
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.28 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of Holy Trinity the Less, City of London | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

Holy Trinity the Less was situated on Knightrider Street. It is first mentioned in 1258. The church was rebuilt in 1607-08 at the expense of the Merchant Taylor's and Vintner's Companies. It was destroyed during the Great Fire of London in 1666 and the site was purchased by merchants, who built a German church. The parish was united with Saint Michael Queenhithe in 1670 (P69/MIC6). After the demolition of Saint Michael Queenhithe in 1875 the parish was united with Saint James Garlickhythe (P69/JS2).

Information from The London Encyclopaedia, eds. Weinreb and Hibbert (LMA Library Reference 67.2 WEI).

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Holy Trinity the Less, Knightrider Street, City of London, including registers of baptisms, marriages and burials; Vestry minutes; Churchwardens' accounts; and poor rate assessments.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

The catalogue has been arranged in sections each with a code as follows: A Parish registers, B Vestry and parish officers, C Rate assessments and inhabitants lists, D Charities and estates, E Parish schools.

Conditions governing access:

Available for general access.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

The archives of the united parishes have been deposited in the Manuscripts Section of Guildhall Library at various dates since 1904. The most recent deposit in each case was in 1993. The Guildhall Library Manuscripts Section merged with the London Metropolitan Archives in 2009.

Allied Materials

Related material:

St James Garlickhithe: P69/JS2.


Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
April to June 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING