AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

HOLY TRINITY, MINORIES: TOWER HAMLETS

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 P69/TRI2
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: HOLY TRINITY, MINORIES: TOWER HAMLETS
Date(s): 1563-1995
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1 linear metre
Name of creator(s): Parish of Holy Trinity Minories, City of London | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

Holy Trinity Minories was situated in Haydon Square. The church originated as the chapel of a convent of the Order of Saint Clare, which was closed during the Dissolution in 1539. The convent chapel was given to the parish and given the name Saint Trinities. In 1893 the parish was merged with Saint Botolph Aldgate (P69/BOT2). The church building was used as a parish room until it was destroyed during the Second World War.

Information from The London Encyclopaedia, eds. Weinreb and Hibbert (LMA Library Reference 67.2 WEI).

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Holy Trinity Minories, Haydon Square, City of London. The records of Holy Trinity Minories consist almost exclusively of parish registers (baptisms, marriages, burials and banns) with some poor rate assessment rolls; it is not known whether any other records survive.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

As the archive is large and complex, and to assist the user, the catalogue has been arranged in sections each with a code as follows: A Parish registers; B Vestry and parish officers; C Rate assessments and inhabitants lists; D Charities and estates.

Conditions governing access:

Available for general access.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

The records of St Botolph Aldgate were deposited by the parish at various dates between 1920 and 1994, and those of Holy Trinity Minories in 1955 and 1996 (also by St Botolph Aldgate). The Guildhall Library Manuscripts Section merged with the London Metropolitan Archives in 2009.

Allied Materials

Related material:

St Botolph Aldgate: P69/BOT2.


Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
April to June 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING