AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

SAINT SAVIOUR, SAINT PANCRAS: MAPLE STREET, CAMDEN

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 P90/SAV
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: SAINT SAVIOUR, SAINT PANCRAS: MAPLE STREET, CAMDEN
Date(s): 1786-1913
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.39 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Saviour, Fitzrovia | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

Saint Saviour's Church was originally known as Fitzroy Chapel, built between 1777 and 1788. In 1863 a parish was assigned and the chapel was dedicated to Saint Saviour. The parish was later united with the parish of Saint John the Evangelist (P90/JNE1). The building was destroyed during the Second World War.

From: 'Maple Street', Survey of London: volume 21: The parish of St Pancras part 3: Tottenham Court Road & neighbourhood (1949), pp. 47-48.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Saint Saviour, Maple Street, Fitzrovia, St Pancras, including registers of baptisms, registers of marriage and register of banns.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Records deposited by the Vicar of St Pancras in the London County Record Office, 24 October 1961. Further records deposited by the Rector of All Souls Langham Place, in the London County Record Office, 12 February 1964. Additional parish record deposited, 9 August 1983.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
April to June 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING