AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area


Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 A/LPI
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at ›
Date(s): 1879-1928
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.22 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Archbishop Tait's Infants School x Saint Mary's Infants School | Lambeth


Administrative/Biographical history:

Archbishop Tait's Infants School was named for Archibald Campbell Tait (1811-1882), Archbishop of Canterbury from 1869. It was situated at no 220 Lambeth Road, SE1. The school seems also to have been called Saint Mary's Infants School, and was associated with Archbishop Tenison's School for Girls.


Scope and content/abstract:

Records, 1879-1928, of Archbishop Tait's Infants School, relating to administration and finance, and comprising conveyance from the Most Rev Archibald Campbell, Archbishop of Canterbury, to the Trustees of Tenison's School, of land attached to the Archiepiscopal residence in Lambeth, 1879, with an agreement between the National Society and the Trustees, 1880; minutes of the Committee of Management, 1883-1898, and Governors, 1898-1903; cash account books, 1901-1928; inventory of furniture etc in school mistress's residence, Lambeth Road, 1888.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:

System of arrangement:

Records arranged in one series: A/LPI-1: Administration and Finance.

Conditions governing access:

Available for general access.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at:

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Deposited by the Governors of Archbishop Temple School in the London County Record Office in 1964.

Allied Materials

Related material:

London Metropolitan Archives also holds records relating to Archbishop Tait's Infants School with those of two other Lambeth parish schools (Archbishop Temple's Boys School and Archbishop Tenison's Girls School) (Ref: A/LPS), and an Inner London Education Authority file on the closure of Archbishop Tait's School, 1949-1966 (Ref: ILEA/S/SB/23/02/003).

The Church of England Record Centre holds records of Archbishop Tait's Infants School, 1875-1967 (Ref: NS/SR22).

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
June to August 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"