AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

WALHAM GREEN AND FULHAM METHODIST CIRCUIT

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 DD/0344
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: WALHAM GREEN AND FULHAM METHODIST CIRCUIT
Date(s): 1806-1971
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.46 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Bayswater Methodist Circuit Walham Green and Fulham Methodist Circuit xx Fulham United Methodist Circuit Walham Green Methodist Church | Fulham Ebenezer Chapel | Fulham Walham Grove Methodist Church | Fulham Fulham Broadway Methodist Church xx Fulham Central Methodist Church Bethel Chapel xx West Kensington New Connexion Chapel

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

This circuit was formed in 1936 by an amalgamation of Walham Green Church from the Chelsea (ex-Wesleyan) Circuit with the Fulham (ex-United Methodist) Circuit, which included Walham Grove Church, Munster Road Church, Bethel Chapel and Ebenezer Chapel. Munster Road transferred to the Chiswick and Munster Park Circuit in 1943; Ebenezer and Bethel were closed following war damage during the Second World War. Walham Green Church was condemned as unsafe and closed in 1965. It was resolved that the congregations at Walham Green and Walham Grove should unite to form the Fulham Central Methodist Church, which would meet at Walham Grove until new premises were ready. Fulham Central Methodist Church was opened in June 1971.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of Walham Green and Fulham Methodist Circuit including circuit records and chapel records for various chapels within the circuit.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

Arranged in two series as follows:
DD/0344/01: Circuit records
DD/0344/02: Records of chapels within the circuit

Conditions governing access:

Records less than 60 years old may not be produced for study without the permission of the Superintendent Minister of Walham Green and Fulham Circuit.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright is held by the Depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Deposited at Hammersmith and Fulham Archives and Local Studies 11 May 1972.

Transferred from Hammersmith and Fulham Archives and Local History Centre in 2015.

Allied Materials

Related material:

See also:
DD/368 Records of the Walham Green and Fulham Circuit of the Methodist Church
DD/370 Records of the Hammersmith Circuit of the Methodist Church
DD/760 Further records of Methodist Circuits and Chapels in Hammersmith and Fulham


Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
Added July 2015.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING