AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area


Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 DD/0910
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at ›
Date(s): 1893-1992
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.15 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Hammersmith Wesleyan Circuit | 1818-1935 xx Chiswick and Munster Park Methodist Circuit Wandsworth and Fulham Methodist Circuit xx New Wandsworth and Fulham Primitive Methodist Circuit Hammersmith Methodist Circuit | 1965- xx Hammersmith and Fulham Methodist Circuit Munster Road Methodist Church | Fulham Wandsworth High Street Primitive Methodist Chapel Wandsworth Bridge Road Methodist Church | Fulham


Administrative/Biographical history:

Wandsworth Circuit was created in 1864 out of the old Hammersmith Circuit. It comprised churches in Putney, Wandsworth High Street and Wandsworth Bridge Road. In 1951 it was renamed the Wandsworth and Fulham circuit and was joined by Methodist churches in Munster Park and Fulham. In 1968 a new church was opened in Roehampton. The circuit closed in 1969 and the constituent churches redistributed to the Hammersmith, Richmond and Hounslow, and Broomwood and Clapham circuits.

The Hammersmith Circuit was constituted in 1969 by the union of Askew Road Church and Old Oak Church, both of which had formerly belonged to the Bayswater Circuit, Munster Park Church from the Wandsworth and Fulham Circuit, and Rivercourt Church and Shepherds Bush Road Church, which had previously formed the Rivercourt and Shepherds Bush Road Circuit.


Scope and content/abstract:

Records of Wandsworth, Fulham and Hammersmith Methodist Circuits including circuit records and records of constituent churches.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:

System of arrangement:

Arranged in two sections as follows:
DD/0910/01: Circuit records
DD/0910/02: Church records

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information may be subject to access restrictions.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright is held by the Depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at:

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Deposited at Hammersmith and Fulham Archives and Local Studies in 1995.

Transferred from Hammersmith and Fulham Archives and Local History Centre in 2015.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
Added July 2015.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"