AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

LANGFORD ROAD SCHOOL, FULHAM

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 DD/1013
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: LANGFORD ROAD SCHOOL, FULHAM
Date(s): 1941-1974
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.15 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Langford Road School | Fulham xx Langford Primary School | Fulham

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

The permanent buildings of a new London County Council Board School in Langford Road were opened officially in June 1890 providing accommodation for 1,000 children in the Sands End are of Fulham. At the outbreak of the Second World War the school was evacuated to Cambridge. On the children's return Langford Road School became an emergency school from 19 May 1941 to 6 April 1950. It was renamed Langford Primary School by 1965.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of Langford Road School including admission registers, attendance register and log books.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

Arranged in sections as follows:
DD/1013/01: Admission registers
DD/1013/02: Attendance registers
DD/1013/03: Log books

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright is held by the City of London.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Transferred to Hammersmith and Fulham Archives and Local Studies in 2003.

Transferred from Hammersmith and Fulham Archives and Local History Centre in 2015.

Allied Materials

Related material:

For earlier records, including admission registers, 1886-1939, and log books, 1886-1950 see LCC/EO/DIV01/LFD.


Hammersmith and Fulham Archives and Local Studies hold photographs and cuttings in the Hammersmith & Fulham Local History Collection ref: F372.947.

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
Added July 2015.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING