AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

PETERBOROUGH PRIMARY SCHOOL, FULHAM

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 DD/1098
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: PETERBOROUGH PRIMARY SCHOOL, FULHAM
Date(s): 1908-2008
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.05 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Peterborough School | Fulham xx Peterborough Primary School | Fulham

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

The Peterborough Schools for Girls, Boys and Infants, were opened on 26 August 1901 by the School Board for London. From 1905, the site included an Invalid School. This section of the school was transferred to and amalgamated with the invalid school at Queensmill Road School, Lysia Street, Fulham, in 1939. It was relocated to Peterborough School in 1992, but remained known as Queensmill School.

Peterborough School was evacuated in August 1939, and reopened on 27 October 1942. In September 1969 the boys' and girls' schools amalgamated to form Peterborough Junior Mixed School, and in 1983, the junior and infant schools amalgamated. By 1992, the school was known as Peterborough Primary School. The school was closed in July 2008.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of Peterborough School including admission registers, school record books, school magazine, photographs and pupils' memorabilia.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

Arranged in sections as follows:
DD/1098/01-02: Pupil records
DD/1098/03: Staff records
DD/1098/04: Record books
DD/1098/05-07: Administration
DD/1098/08-09: School magazines and publications
DD/1098/10-12: Pupils' memorabilia and personal histories
DD/1098/13-14: Photographs and press cuttings
DD/1098/15-16: Audio-visual material and artefacts

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright is held by the City of London.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Transferred to Hammersmith and Fulham Archives and Local Studies from school premises on last day of opening, 2008.

Transferred from Hammersmith and Fulham Archives and Local History Centre in 2015.

Allied Materials

Related material:

For admission registers, 1927-1945, log books, 1930-1964 and other records see LCC/EO/DIV01/PET.


Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
Added July 2015.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING