AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

East Ham Memorial Hospital

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0387 ES
Held at: Royal London Hospital
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.bartshealth.nhs.uk/the-royal-london-hospital-museum-and-archives ›
Full title: East Ham Memorial Hospital
Date(s): 1929-1946
Level of description: Collection (fonds)
Extent: 2 volumes
Name of creator(s): East Ham Memorial Hospital
Detailed catalogue: Click here to view repository detailed catalogue

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

East Ham Memorial Hospital was founded as a voluntary hospital in 1902 and was administered by a monthly Committee of Management. Originally designed by Silvanus Trevail, it was extended in 1914 and 1928 to provide 25 beds, and was rebuilt in 1929 to designs by Mennie and Smith to provide 100 beds. The Hospital became part of the NHS in 1948, and from 1963 was included in the Thames Group of Hospitals within the North East Metropolitan Hospital Board. In 1974 it became part of Newham Halth District and had at that time 142 beds. It closed as an acute hospital, being re-opened by Newham Health Authority to provide 87 acute psychiatric and psychogeriatric beds in 1990. East Ham Memorial Hospital became part of City and East London Family and Community Health Services in 1994 and Newham Community Health Care Trust in 1995.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Registers of nurse training and registers of trained nurses.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

See Scope and content.

Conditions governing access:

Some material is restricted. Please contact the repository in the first instance.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copying and digitisation services are available for unrestricted material. Researchers should contact the repository in the first instance.

Finding aids:

See 'Detailed catalogue' link above.

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Transferred in 1994 from the Princess Alexandra and Newham College of Nursing and Midwifery.

Allied Materials

Related material:


National Register of Archives: Click here to view NRA record

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:
Originally compiled by Julie Tancell as part of the RSLP AIM25 project. Updated by Clare Button, Archivist, School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London.

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
June 2001, updated April 2020.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING